Ask yourself …
- Do I have several concurrent projects on the go at any given moment
- Is everyone on the team is working hard but projects aren’t completing on time and no one knows why
- Do I need centralized project monitoring and control
- Do I have inexperienced project managers
- Have I experienced failed projects or repeated project management issues
If you answered ‘yes’ to some of those questions, then you might benefit from a Project Management Office. PMO’s come in all sizes and can be set up wherever there are multiple projects to manage. A Project Management Office will give you:
- Effective project oversight and control in a ‘big picture’ sort of way during the entire project life cycle from approval to closure.
- A way to establish and “standardize” project management processes, templates, procedures and best practices for consistent use across your team and projects
- A “centralized” knowledgebase for project resources
- Help with project planning, project monitoring, performance metrics, and project reviews
- Coaching and mentoring of Project Managers and project team members
A Project Management Office is widely recognized as one of the most effective business practices today. It not only allows project managers to be more effective, but it can put basic project management practices in place that will improve communication, project control (time, cost, quality), scope management and people management skills – so important when resources are in short supply.
So if you’re ready to take that step, or to find out more about a PMO-in-a-Box solution, contact us for a FREE assessment.